Monmouth County Hurricane Evacuation Zones
At any time during the year a property owner may apply for a Widow of a Veteran property tax deduction. Applications are made to the Assessor, and must be applied for by December 31 of the tax year in which it is claimed. A deduction of $250 will be granted, as long as all of the following State of New Jersey requirements are met, and the supplemental paperwork is supplied:
- Must be a citizen and resident of New Jersey as of October 1st of the pretax year.
- Hold legal title to the property for which the deduction is claimed as of October 1st of the pretax year.
- Deceased Veteran must have had active wartime service in the United States Armed Service and have been honorably discharged or died on active wartime duty.
- Deceased Veteran must have been a citizen and resident of New Jersey at the time of death.
- Applicant has not remarried.
All applicants must supply the following paperwork:
- Verification of Citizenship and Residency (Copy of Driver’s License, Voter’s registration, or Vehicle registration)
- Verification of wartime service (Form DD214)(if not already supplied)
- Marriage certificate
- Death certificate
- Assessment Appeals
- Assessment Appeals must be received by the Monmouth County Tax Board on or before April 1st of the tax year. The total of all taxes and municipal charges due up to and including the first quarter must be paid.
- Added/Omitted Assessment Appeals
- Added/Omitted Assessment Appeals must be received by the Monmouth County Tax Board on or before December 1st of the tax year.
To print an added/omitted appeal form with preparation instructions click on the following link: http://oprs.co.monmouth.nj.us/oprs/includes/pdf/petitionofappeal-added-omitted.pdf