Sea Bright Police Department
Police Department Contact Information:
1099 Ocean Avenue, Sea Bright, NJ 07760
Non-Emergency Phone: 732-842-0010, Fax: 732-842-8351
The Borough of Sea Bright Police Department is committed to providing a safe community and improving the quality of life for all people. We accomplish this by delivering quality police services and enforcing laws with equity and impartiality. In partnership with the community, we reduce crime through public education, prevention, and awareness. In meeting this objective, we demand of ourselves the highest professional standards and dedication to our core values.
In order to accomplish this mission, the Sea Bright Police Department shall perform, at least, the following functions:
- Provide for a law enforcement presence and availability throughout the Borough on a twenty four hour basis.
- Respond to reports of criminal events or requests for law enforcement service in a timely manner.
- Investigate criminal events or potential criminal events by identifying, apprehending, and providing evidence and testimony.
- Maintain responsive contact and communications with victims of crimes.
- Encourage community compliance with laws and participation in public safety through crime prevention and education programs, community relations activities, and in setting examples for the public to follow.
- Resolve public or domestic disputes to avoid escalation into violence.
- Maintain pro-active programs directed at crime prevention among the youth of the community.
- Assure that prisoners in custody of the Department are treated humanely and consistent with the laws of the State.
- Provide community services to the public that aid in accomplishing the law enforcement mission.
- Assist other law enforcement agencies in the region.
- Respond to all disasters whether natural or man-made.
- Ensure the orderly and safe flow of traffic in concert with neighboring law enforcement agencies.
|Brett M. Friedman
|Chief of Police
|James McCue, Jr.
|Charles R. Murphy, Jr.
|Richard A. Huegel, Jr.
|Nicholas E. Turi
|Christopher D. Panduri
Residential Parking Permits
From Brett M. Friedman, Chief of Police
These permits allow side street residents to park within Resident Permit Parking Zones. Only two(2) permits will be issued per household/unit. Tenant/renters and property owners do not each receive permits; only 2 per household/unit total. Per Sea Bright Borough Ordinance 201-38, Residential Permit Parking is designated on the following streets. Only households/dwellings located on the following streets are entitled to permits:
Beach Street, Beach Way, Center Street, Church Street, East Church Street, East New Street, Front Street, New Street, Normandie Place, (Only Normandie Place addresses - NOT Ocean Avenue Addresses backing up to Normandy Place,) North Way, Peninsula Avenue, River Street, South Street, Surf Street, Via Ripa, and Waterview Way.
Borough Ordinance: Residential Permit Parking.pdf
Sea Bright Police Department Internal Affairs
Please utilize this section to view the Sea Bright Police Department internal affairs process, which has been revised based on the directives of Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal.
2023 Major Discipline Reporting Form
2023 Internal Affairs Summary
2022 Professional Standards Summary Report
2022 Major Discipline Report
2021 Professional Standards Summary Report
2021 Major Discipline Report
2020 Professional Standards Summary Report
2020 Major Discipline Report
2019 Professional Standards Summary Report
Law Enforcement Recruiting and Hiring
Internal Affairs Email Address
Internal Affairs Complaint Form is available in multiple languages.
Information Sheet for Complaint form is available in the following languages: