Monmouth County Hurricane Evacuation Zones
At any time during the year a property owner may apply for Disabled Veteran property tax exemption. Applications are made to the Assessor, and must be applied for as soon as all the requirements have been met. The exemption will only apply to the current year and years forward. Property tax exemption will be granted, as long as all of the following requirements are met, and the supplemental paperwork is supplied:
- Must be a citizen and resident of New Jersey as of October 1st of the pretax year.
- Hold legal title to the property for which the deduction is claimed as of October 1st of the pretax year.
- Must reside in dwelling house as of October 1st of the pretax year.
- Active wartime service in the United States Armed Service and have been honorably discharged.
- United States Veteran Administration certification of 100% wartime service-connected disability.
All applicants must supply the following paperwork:
- Verification of Citizenship and Residency (Copy of Driver’s License, Voter’s registration, or Vehicle registration)
- Verification of wartime service (Form DD214)
- Verification of Disability (United States Veteran Administration certification.)