REGISTRATION FOR THE 2022 SEASON OF JUNIOR GUARDS TAKES PLACE ONLINE BEGINNING WEDNESDAY MARCH 30TH AT 9AM.
REGISTRATION FOR 2022 IS A THREE STEP PROCESS. ALL THREE STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED TO ENSURE YOUR SPOT FOR THE 2022 SEASON.
To register, after March 30, 2022, 9:00 am complete the following steps:
- Pay for the program, click here.
- Complete this google form
- Sign and fax, mail or drop off the 2022 Waiver Form. Waivers must be signed and legible.
REGISTATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE ABOVE STEPS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED!
REGISTRATION FOR SEA BRIGHT JUNIOR GUARDS IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Does your child love the ocean? Are you looking for a engaging, educational, and--most importantly--fun way for your child to learn about water safety? See if they have what it takes to be a Sea Bright Junior Guard! Since 2004 the Sea Bright Junior Lifeguard Program has provided a safe and fun way for hundreds of children from all backgrounds to come together and learn about beach and ocean safety. Our Junior Lifeguard program combines elements of open water lifesaving, basic First Aid, CPR and more to provide your child with a holistic Ocean Rescue experience. Junior Guards will walk away with increased confidence in the ocean, valuable life skills and lifelong friends! Ultimately, qualified and physically fit SBOR Junior Lifeguards may even have the opportunity to become lifeguards at Sea Bright upon reaching their 16 th birthday. We can guarantee that our program will foster a life-long love and respect of the ocean in all who participate!
Sea Bright Junior Guards 2022 Session Dates:
|2022 Session Number||Schedule (Monday-Friday 9-12)|
|Session #1||Monday July 11th - Friday July 15th|
|Session #2||Monday July 18th - Friday July 22nd|
|Session #3||Monday July 25th - Friday July 29th|
|Session #4||Monday August 1st - Friday August 5th|
- How old does my child have to be to participate?
- Participants for Sea Bright Junior Guards must be at least 7-years-old, and up to 16-years-old. We separate Junior Guards into 3 groups, according to age and ability. Our older JGs are excellent role models for our new members!
- How much does the Junior Lifeguard program cost?
- Sessions are $200.00. Payment will be made during registration via the Borough website (see above).
- How long is each session? What is the schedule like?
- We hold four one-week-long sessions through the end of July (see dates above). Junior Guards will complete a variety of activities both in the water and on land from 9 to 12 Monday through Friday. The schedule remains the same from session to session, all ending with a tournament-style “showcase”.
- Is there a swim test?
- Yes. We require all Junior Guard participants to be able to swim 5 minutes, unassisted in the ocean with moderate conditions. Please, keep in mind that the Junior Lifeguard program is not a swim lesson program. Your child must already be a strong swimmer to participate in our programs. Children that do not pass our swim test on day one will not be able to participate in Junior Guards.
- Is there a uniform?
- Yes! We require all Junior guards to wear a red SBJG rash guard. This is mandatory and for the safety of all our participants. More details regarding uniforms will be provided closer to the start of programming.
- I have another question that isn’t listed here! What can I do?
- Contact the Junior Lifeguard Coordinator, Bella Bulhoes! You can reach her by email ( email@example.com ) or by calling the beach office ((732) 351-4700)
Think of the Sea Bright Ocean Rescue “Nippers” as Advanced Junior Lifeguards. Taking elements from Southern California Lifeguard Services our JG program allows qualified junior guards to work side by side with real ocean lifeguards. The word “Nipper” and the idea of lifeguards mentoring local children was born from New Zealand and Australian Surf Lifesaving Clubs. The US Nipper program was originally developed by Gary Wise (Florida SER USLA) who is a world recognized Aussie and USA lifesaving specialist. Sea Bright has adopted a proven process of training and screening for our Nipper Junior Guards, who in the end meet the same standards as any standard USLA open water lifeguard. Each Nipper will be mentored by on duty lifeguard personnel as they move through several qualification stages over a two week period. Nipper hopefuls must complete one regular JG session and then screen “try out” for a spot in the Nipper program. This program is open only to Junior Guards who are 12 years and older and it is only meant for the top performing Junior Lifeguards. The Nipper program is not open to B or C age groups or new enrollees that have not completed at least one USLA agency JG session in the last 365 days. Participants of the Nipper Program will be given the opportunity to earn community service hours, if needed, which can be used to fulfill any school/club requirements. The “Nipper” program is a farm program for ocean rescue and the training qualifies the Nipper for employment when they reach 16 years old.
2022 “Nipper” Program
DATES AND FEES TBD