The Sea Bright 2020 Community Recovery Plan highlights key recovery issues, summarizes recovery projects developed to address those issues and outlines the community’s strategy for moving forward in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. The planning process entailed a three-month intensive effort on the partofresidents,businesses and local official of the Borough of Sea Bright. Via community workshops, borough residents identify recovery issues and refine projects proposed to address those recovery issues.Those projects are defined in this plan. The result is a project-oriented plan which in corporates various approaches and techniques to mitigate against future disasters and carries the support and buy-in of the community.
The Sea Bright 2020 Community Recovery Plan and companion disk will be used to:
- Explain Sea Bright’s post-storm status and solutions for moving forward
- Compete for federal and state grant opportunities
- Market projects to potential funders
- Guide implementation of recovery projects
- Incorporate flood plain management and mitigation techniques
- Leverage resources among projects
- Communicate and share ideas for Sea Bright’s development with partners
- Engage stakeholders in the community recovery process
The recovery process outlined in this plan was driven by the leaders and residents of Sea Bright. Going forward, Sea Bright’s recovery will continue to be a community-based and led process.